How can a person be sure they will go to heaven when they die?
How to Know Jesus Christ...
1. We must acknowledge God as the Creator of everything and accept our humble position in God's creation.
2. We must all realize that we are sinners and that we need forgiveness. We are not worthy of God's grace.
3. We must realize that sin brings death, but God has provided a way of salvation through Jesus Christ.
4. Through Jesus Christ, God gave us a way to be saved from our sins.
5. We must confess that Jesus is Lord and believe in our heart that God raised Him from the dead and we will be saved!
6. Call upon the name of the Lord and you will be saved!
If you truly believe the message of the Bible and want to accept God's free gift of salvation right now, it's a matter of repenting of your sins and turning the rest of your life over to Jesus Christ. All you need to do is talk to the Lord. Your prayer can be something like this:
"Father, I know that I have broken Your laws and my sins have separated me from You. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward You. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning against You again. I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ, died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen."
If you decided to receive Jesus today, welcome to the Family of God! Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
- Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
- Find a Bible teaching church where you can worship God and learn about His truth.
- Follow the Lord's example of baptism. For questions about baptism, please feel free to contact us.
- Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus Christ. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
- Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
If you have any questions about your new found faith in Jesus Christ, please feel free to click the link below for contact information. We would love to hear from you!